Monday, March 19, 2012

Respite?

Today I'm having to take it rather easy because I'm terribly lightheaded and get very dizzy whenever I raise my head.  My doctors and therapists are all very sympathetic about this, telling me it's okay to stay in bed and only do exercise activities as tolerated for the day.  I try to sound rational and sane while I explain to them how afraid I am of not making enough progress, never take a day off, must push push push so that I don't get sent home before I've accomplished all that I hope for and so that I don't lose any of the ground I've gained.  It's so hard to let myself take a day of rest, even if an internal infection and a powerful antibiotic have me feeling like I got walloped upside the head with a bat.

3 comments:

  1. You take it easy, we'll sort out the rest hun. Get your rest where you can get it. I know I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MUST rest when you need to, and not worry so much about consequences! You are always working extemely hard, and making the very most of every opportunity presented to do all you can toward your progress. Every one that works with you has to know that, and has to have the greatest respect for you! Please give yourself a chance to recoup from the infection, the radiation and the antibiotic! You've earned a rest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really MUST take rest as you can because you expend so much energy in all your efforts to continue to make progress. Any one working with you knows how hard you work. They have to respect your efforts and your progress. Don't wear yourself out even more worrying about the consequences of rest that you desperately need. You have so much to recover from and REST is paramount to that effort!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments are moderated. Your spam-free comment will appear after I've had a chance to approve it. I won't censor negative feedback, only bogus advertisements and pleas from Nigerian princesses looking for money launderers.