Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chemo

On Monday I have a consultation with my chemotherapy doctor.  Despite several attempts on my part to have one set up, I have not had any follow-up MRI imaging of my tumors after the radiation was completed, so when we discuss my chemotherapy options we won't know how much, if any, of the cancer remains to be dealt with.  So I imagine it will be difficult to make any kind of decisions Monday.  We will probably just review the options, including the terrifying Avastin, and I hope discuss whether any other less risky drugs are available, and then (hopefully) finally schedule an MRI to see what's actually going on in there before we decide.  

Cancer is something I worry about quite a bit these days.  My back hurts more now than it has at any time since the last surgery in January.  While I tell myself over and over that it's because I'm doing repetitious arm workouts every day and straining my upper body strength to its limits attempting to stand up several times a day, there is always that part of me that is afraid the pain is not muscular.  That it's from those tumors menacing their way into my spinal canal again.  That at any moment everything I've worked for so far could be taken away.  Again. 

6 comments:

  1. Me too babe. Me too.

    At your side till the end, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Not getting an MRI has to be crazy frustrating. Good gracious. You are so wise to stay positive and attribute the pain to the fact that you're working so hard. Here's to a clear and timely MRI! Stay tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dealing with the medical community sounds almost as daunting as the physical aspect of your condition, but hang in there and don't let them get you down. We'll all pray that the pain is as you suggest, a manifestation of your hard work and determination. Thank you so much for your writing. You are truly an inspiration to us. Others whom I have told about your blog have been very complimentary after visiting it, both about your obvious inner strength and your ability to communicate with words. I hope you know that your fan base is growing quickly. Soon we'll be able to brag that we knew her when! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping share my blog with others!

      Delete
  4. Dear DWC,

    The visit was incredible:) Wish there was something I could do for you? Great to see Daddy-O also;)

    Hope the back pain is just from the activity. Of course you may just be gaining more sensitivity which could mean the spine is healing.

    May try to come back up this week while I still have wheels:)

    Love ya,

    FBN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing you was very good medicine. Very nice to finally meet J too! Looking forward to a repeat, either here this week or at home after, if all goes according to plan. :)

      Delete

To prevent spam, comments are moderated. Your spam-free comment will appear after I've had a chance to approve it. I won't censor negative feedback, only bogus advertisements and pleas from Nigerian princesses looking for money launderers.