Monday, October 8, 2012

Booooogedy....Just Kidding!

When I was a kid, Disney was great about playing the same Halloween favorites every October.  Mr. Boogedy was one of them, and this clip was one of my favorite parts:


That little "Just kidding!" after every scary "Boogedy boo!" just cracked me up.

Today my husband and I were ready to boogedy for my MRI scan, but all we got was a great big "Just kidding!" from the world of scheduling mishaps.   I wasn't laughing this time.

First, the scheduling coordinator at my oncologists' office had given me the wrong address, so I went through all the effort of getting out of the car and into the wrong building.  Then, when we arrived at the right building, we found that through a series of scheduling miscommunications we were not on the schedule at all, a process that took over an hour to sort through before we could finally leave and get breakfast (since I had been fasting, despite not being told to, because I've had enough of these stupid things to know better).

So now my MRI is rescheduled for Friday, only when they finally got the orders for it, the orders said general anesthesia instead of conscious sedation, and may not have included the liver scan my oncologist wants, so I have to go through another communication circus to make sure I get the instructions straightened out.  Oh joy.  And when I get done with the whole big MRI mess on Friday, I'll get to have a couple hours rest and then physical therapy afterward.  With all the sedation drugs plus the work-out, at least I can be assured I'll sleep good Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments are moderated. Your spam-free comment will appear after I've had a chance to approve it. I won't censor negative feedback, only bogus advertisements and pleas from Nigerian princesses looking for money launderers.